Have you ever gone through a period in your life where you struggle to make time for you? And when you do find time you just want to nap? That’s where I’ve been for the last year or more. I still enjoy scrapbooking, I just don’t choose to spend my time that way right now. BUT I love picking it back up for things like Week in the Life and December Daily.
Normally I prep and plan and make foundation pages (see all my past Dec Daily posts). This year I didn’t do any of those things. I did buy an album with the intent to use it for December Daily…and that was it. Until I saw this…
Last weekend when we pulled out holiday decorations the December Daily albums came out as well. At bedtime I spyed this little cutie stacking up all 5 albums trying to carry them to bed. He wanted to read them before he went to sleep. I encouraged him to pick 2 and read the others another night. Over the next few days I witnessed every member of my family reading through the albums. That was all it took to motivate me to pull out my supplies and get started.
Here’s what I know about myself:
- My craft room is a MESS. And I can’t be creative in a mess. And I don’t have time to clean right now.
- If I have to use my supplies every day this project will never get done.
- I’m more likely to complete the album if I use digital, but most of my digital products are on the big computer in the trashed-but-I-don’t-have-time-to-clean-craft-room/office.
- If I have to be on my big computer every day this project will never get done.
- I’m much more productive when I can use my phone for everything.
- I still love the Ali Edwards templates.
- I still love having pockets to stick stuff in.
- I bought really cute gold numbers and I want to use them
So here’s what I’m going to do about it:
- Put page protectors in the album pairing a full 6×8 page with a pocket page for most days.
- Put a piece of Christmas patterned paper in a pocket behind each number. No adhesive at this point, just stick them in.
- Use my phone to take the photos – iPhone 6S
- Use my phone to edit the photos – PicTapGo (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS APP)
- Use my phone put two 3×4 photos on a 4×6 for printing when the layout needs it – Project Life App
- Use my phone for journaling – Project Life App
- Use my phone to put the Ali Edwards overlay on a 6×8 photo – Dropbox App for access to the overlay, Photoshop Mix App for adding the overlay to the photo
- Every few days print up my photos at home and stick them in pockets – Epson Artisan 725
- Add embellishments to the spread if I’m feeling fancy. Call it good if I’m not.
- Blog 1-2 times a week if I can. 🙂
The Foundation Pages…Such As They Are…
Still want to embellish the cover, but haven’t gotten to that yet.
Title Page using one of the Ali Edwards layered templates and some recent family photos that I used on our Christmas card.
Day 7 – They are predicting snow for this day so this is my wishful thinking card. 😉
Days 23-25: I’m out of divided pocket pages so I just stuck the remaining papers and numbers at the back for now. I’m thinking I might do some full size 6×8 photo collages on days that are full of stuff just to mix it up.
That’s all for now! Next up is documenting the days. 🙂 How are you doing your December Daily?