Are you often looking for photo ideas to use on your scrapbook layouts? Today I’m sharing a new favorite of mine…having fun with silhouettes!
You can play around with silhouettes using plants or other objects. This photo was taken of some weeds. 🙂 I don’t love having weeds in my yard, but there is no doubt their shape looks so cool in a silhouette.
Children love being involved in silhouette photos. And they will love the chance to blow dandelion fuzz over and over while you try to get the perfect shot!
Make your child feel like the king of the world by getting low and shooting up. That will also help you keep the horizon line low so that you can see more of your subject.
Get the neighbor kids involved. These little ones had so much fun trying different poses for these silhouettes!
So here are a few practical tips for taking silhouettes:
- You can take a silhouette with any camera. The last 3 photos above were taken with my iPhone. And they are some of my very favorites!
- When using your phone tap around to adjust the focus so that your subject is dark and the background is light.
- Don’t be afraid to process your photo a bit to increase the contrast. I like to use PicTapGo to make the blacks darker and the colors brighter.
- Get low and shoot up. That gives you more sky to work with making it easier to silhouette your subject.
- Have fun, and play!! These photos pretty much always look awesome! Your friends will think you are a photographic genius.
What are your favorite silhouette tips? Show us some of your favorite silhouette photos in the comments. We’d love to see!