Not Because I Have To…

You may have noticed that over the past few months blogging here at Scrap Inspired has been spotty at best. You may have wondered where I am, what’s going on and if everything is ok. I would wonder the same thing in your shoes

For awhile there I was good. I was awesome in fact. I loved everything it took to get 3 blog posts up every week, and post on social media 1-2 times a day, and keep up with the email list, and develop new classes, and stay on top of my other jobs as well as be a wife and mother. And…oh yeah…scrapbook. And then there came a day that I felt tired.

Do you ever feel that way? You want to create, you want to scrapbook, you want to blog, you really want to. But you don’t have the energy to make it all happen? I think I feel that way when to many things become a HAVE TO instead of a WANT TO. So over the last few months I decided to focus on the things I wanted to do.

IMG_8425

I wanted to enjoy the summer schedule and sleep late.

I wanted to take my kids to the pool and the amusement park.

I wanted to have picnics and playdates.

IMG_8358

I wanted to ride bikes.

I wanted to see movies.

I wanted to go to the theater.

DSC_0227

I wanted to go fishing.

I wanted to take a vacation with friends.

I wanted to read lots of books.

I wanted to go to lots of baseball games.

DSC_0112

I wanted to go to church camp.

I wanted to play board games.

I wanted to take care of my Mom after shoulder surgery.

I wanted to cook, clean, and do laundry (ok, I didn’t want to do those things but we don’t always get to do what we want).

IMG_8285

I wanted to visit my sister’s farm.

I wanted to play outside.

I wanted to sit in the driveway and chat with my neighbors.

IMG_8477

I wanted to have cook-outs.

I wanted to sing around the campfire.

I WANTED TO ENJOY LIFE!

IMG_8652

I know that one day soon I will be back to creating, and blogging, and emailing, and developing new classes. Not because I have to, but because I truly want to.

And when I do, I’ll have lots of stories to tell.

Monica Signature

This entry was posted in Thoughts. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted September 16, 2014 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Documenting life becomes difficult if we don’t occasionally take time to LIVE life 😉 Sounds like you had a great summer! Nice to see you back.

• Posted September 16, 2014 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks Marcia! You are so right. The living is an essential element. 🙂

2. Gela
    Posted September 17, 2014 at 12:28 am | Permalink

Sounds like a great summer!!

3. libbyw2013
    Posted September 18, 2014 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Smart girl, to really enjoy the summer and take care of YOU!

• Posted September 18, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

I always try to remember that life is a balance. And this summer was the time I needed to put that belief in to practice. 🙂

4. Posted September 18, 2014 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I can so relate to this and love how you articulated it. You are amazing, MB!

• Posted September 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Thanks KP! I think you are pretty amazing too! And I’m glad to hear you can relate. 🙂 We all need a little time to live life to it’s fullest. Otherwise we’d have nothing to scrapbook!

5. Posted September 19, 2014 at 8:50 am | Permalink

So very well said, Monica! Glad to hear all is well and you’re living and enjoying your family 🙂 All the creating and documenting will be ready to play with you when you’re ready 😉

6. Cindy
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 10:52 am | Permalink

I agree with everyone’s comments. In fact, I’ve been trying to not sit in front of my computer all weekend long reading posts and get out and do more myself!! Enjoy!!

7. Posted September 20, 2014 at 11:47 am | Permalink

I can relate to your summer whole heartedly Monica! I did the same thing and am STILL pushing myself away from the PC to really enjoy life this summer. There’s nothing wrong with taking a break………it could turn out to be a creative break in the process!

8. Posted September 20, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

Sooo well said Monica! In fact, did you pluck those feelings out of MY head?! We all need vacations in order to come back refreshed and energized. Glad you took one this summer. 🙂

9. Posted September 20, 2014 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Good for you!!! I love your pictures and it looks like you have been enjoying yourself which is what your life should be all about. Take it from me, long after blogs and social media are gone, your family’s memories of these days will remain.

10. Ana Balcarcel
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Sometimes you just have to stop the craziness and enjoy your family because time goes by too quickly. I’m glad you had the chance to do that. 🙂

11. Sharon Steinhoff
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

You definitely hit the nail on the head. Getting into a rut does not promote creativity. You have to enjoy life so that you can then share with others your enthusiasm for life via your scrapbook life!! I’ll be looking forward to your inspiration whenever you’re ready.

12. Megz
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Can’t document life or be creative if you aren’t living. Enjoy your life. We’ll all still be around. 🙂

13. Carole Karras
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

You go girl !!!

14. Patricia Largent
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Good for you. Enjoy, have fun.

15. Maria
    Posted September 20, 2014 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Glad to hear you are enjoying the everyday. Sometimes we do need to take a step back and be life instead of watching it fly past. Take care.

16. Posted September 21, 2014 at 7:50 am | Permalink

I so love that you put this out there and that you did what you wanted. I totally understand that and am inspired to embrace it!

17. Posted September 22, 2014 at 1:33 am | Permalink

How refreshing! I’m glad to hear that you’ve been out enjoying life and that you’ll be back to inspire us all when you can! P.S. I loved your crafting segment on TV! You forgot to mention that small little detail in your busy summer plans! 😉

18. Posted September 22, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

So glad you were out doing all the things you wanted to do. I look forward to seeing your posts in the future.