3 Legitimate Fears

I’m playing along with the “30 things my kids should know about me” challenge and wanted to share with you my latest scrapbook layout. So here are 3 of my fears and how they came about…

3 Legitimate Fears | a scrapbook layout from scrapinspired.com

1. Heights – I don’t know where this fear came from. Maybe it’s because my Mother has always been afraid of heights. But for as long as I can remember my heart beats faster when I’m up high, or near the edge. Which just makes me afraid when I see my children near the edge. I’m always scared someone will fall.

2. Being underground – as a teenager we went on a jeep driven tour through a cave. As we got farther into the earth I became more and more panicked. The thought of the weight of the earth being above me just scared me to death. I could all to easily imagine the sensation of being crushed. Ever since, I have been afraid of caves, and being underneath things…even a bed. Sends me into a panic.

3. Being Abandoned – I think this stems from a life-long struggle with self esteem. I am always worried that people will leave me. As I’ve grown older and come to trust the love in my relationships this fear has morphed into a fear of losing those I love. Strange isn’t it? For someone that is energized through alone time to fear being alone most of all.

Want to play along? You can blog 3 legitimate fears and link us up in the comments!
OR just leave a comment telling us 1 of your fears!

Monica Signature

30 Things Challenge ~ My Posts:

This entry was posted in All About Us, Layouts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. SusanB
    Posted August 2, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Neat idea for a page and I like the photos you used too. I’ve added it to my list of pages to do.
    I’m not a big fan of flying ~ I get a bit claustrophobic and think it’s mainly the feeling of being out of control that I don’t like. One of my girls feels the same way and when we flew to Italy a few years ago we sat together to give each other moral support. She actually did very well and managed to sleep for about 5 hours of the evening flight. Our flight over was very smooth and I kind of enjoyed it (I mean, after all, we were on our way to Italy ~ how could I not enjoy that?!). The flight home was a little more turbulent and we had to circle a few times before landing because of thunderstorms in the area so I was very grateful when we arrived. Guess it’s a good thing that we don’t fly all that much!

• Posted August 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks Susan! If you do end up making a page be sure to leave a link, I’d love to see!

I can totally understand a fear of flying! But I love that you didn’t let it stop you from doing something you wanted to do. That’s so awesome! And I bet Italy was wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

2. Posted August 3, 2013 at 10:24 am | Permalink

What an awesome idea for a page… and your photos are very moving. I really love this idea!
    My biggest fear (although heights and stairs are killer for me) would have to be that someone is going to take my daughter. I know that the statistics are low. I know we live in a low-crime area. But the thought of some creep thinking she’s cute and kidnapping her just terrifies me.

• Posted August 4, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Wow, thanks Sondra! What a nice compliment. I have that fear as well. It falls under the abandonment/losing someone category. Since I do plan for my kids to read this I decided to keep it a bit more general. My fears don’t need to become their nightmares. But the idea of losing a child in any way is terrifying to me as well!

3. Posted August 3, 2013 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Hi Monica! Just wanted you to know that this post inspired a new Pinterest Board for me 🙂 Thank you for being ‘you’!
    Oh, and a fear… Clowns! Hate them. The freak me out!

• Posted August 4, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks Jody! I love that you felt inspired to explore this topic further. And I agree…clowns=creepy!

4. Posted August 3, 2013 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Oh my, I just read Sondra’s comment. That’s scares the heck out of me too! Ours girls were taught from very young what to do if a stranger talks to them, gets too close or tries to touch them. They sure have good lungs for screaming lol 🙂 Or if I’m there they ask if they can say ‘hi’ back to them. Always be prepared 🙂

• Posted August 4, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

I’m right there with you both. Super scary to think of losing our children in that way!