20 Random Facts About Me

I stumbled across a post on Pinterest talking about 30 things your kids should know about you. I thought it was an amazing idea! And with the free downloadable digital images I just knew I had to turn it into a mini album. So I’m going to be playing along!

I plan to keep the scrapbook album super simple. It will by 8×8 and I will print it on Shutterfly, which means it’s going to be all digital. I plan to have a full 8×8 photo on one page and the other page will hold the title and journaling. Quick and easy is the name of the game.

Right now I’m just creating the pages. But when I’m ready to print the book I will be using this tutorial by my friend Melissa, of DigitalScrapbookingHQ.com, to help me upload full size digital layouts into Shutterfly.

20 Random Things About Me | a scrapbook layout from scrapinspired.com

Here’s the list of 20 random facts about me:

1. I love orange.
  2. I can read a good book again and again.
  3. I love bread and cheese.
  4. I don’t love the outdoors.
  5. I don’t like the feel of hair on my neck.
  6. I often imagine the worst case scenario.
  7. Sleeping in is one of my favorite things.
  8. I don’t mind change.
  9. I have to eat M&Ms in twos, and in matching pairs.
  10. I typically don’t laugh out loud at TV or movies.
  11. I always feel better when my hair looks good.
  12. As a kid I hated my brown eyes, now I love them.
  13. I struggle with being a perfectionist.
  14. I wanted to be a fashion designer when I grew up.
  15. I would love to visit France, and just eat day and night.
  16. I hate being late.
  17. I can handle most bugs, but wasps freak me out.
  18. I am an introvert.
  19. I have to have cold air blowing on my face in the car.
  20. I feel so incredibly blessed with this life God gave me.

I’m really looking forward to working on these pages! I’ll be working on them over time, and not rushing the process. But rest assured, as I complete each page I will share it with you.

Fun tidbit…as I was writing this post my oldest was reading over my shoulder. Every once and awhile he would ask with shock about one of the random facts. We had several conversations just in the time it took me to type out my list. That just goes to show you thatย this stuff is important!

Want to play along? You can blog 20 random facts about yourself and link us up in the comments!
OR just leave a comment telling us 5 random things about you!

Monica Signature

This entry was posted in All About Us, Layouts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted July 19, 2013 at 7:53 am | Permalink

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I may need to do this!

• Posted July 19, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks! I think it will be tons of fun. You should totally join in. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Posted July 19, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

1. I am an only child, yet the youngest of 6 children.
    2. I have grey eyes. I never liked them until I learned the goddess Athena was famous for having grey eyes.
    3. I’ve moved 25 times in my life.
    4. I have dated an actor that was a regular on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, and I didn’t initially know that’s what his job was. So when we dated, I thought people were shouting “whores!” at us, when they were actually shouting, “Horace!”.
    5. My best friend named her daughter after me because she told me I was her hero.

• Posted July 19, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

YAY! I love reading random facts about you! Especially the 1st and 4th one. So interesting. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Posted July 20, 2013 at 10:25 am | Permalink

LOVE this idea! Totally have to play along : ) My brain is already on overdrive thinking of my random factoids! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing future posts on this!!
    PS. Awesome facts and tidbits, Katy!!

• Posted July 20, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

If you do Connie please link us up! I’d love to read your list of random facts!

4. Posted July 22, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink
    • Posted July 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

So excited you shared this link! I loved reading your 20 random facts!

5. Fleur Smith
    Posted August 2, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

This is a great idea, I started a book of me a s sadly it only has 2 pages lol.

• Posted August 2, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Fleur! I know that you deserve more than 2 pages in that album. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If you do make a page like this be sure you leave a link. I’d love to see!

6. lynne moore
    Posted August 2, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

Oh I love this. I’ve done a 25 things page about 5 years ago. It is still one of my favs. Also worked thru an “Encyclopedia of and Extraordinary Life” (Cathy Zielske class). My five things for 2013:
    1) I still drink water out of evil plastic bottles with lids. Not the refillable ones. The environmentally unfriendly ones. I can’t help it. It just seems cleaner to me. 2) I love kickboxing classes. I used to practice Tae Kwon Do (ten years of it), so all I want to do is kick things. I enjoy the boxing too, but it’s the kicking that’s exciting. Every morning I look forward to class. 3) I adore my dog. He’s a 55 lb. lap dog mix we rescued from the pound. He was my Mother’s Day present in 2006. I knew he was the perfect dog the moment we saw each other. 4) I adore my husband. I rescued him from the pound…l no wait… I met him in college and from the moment we met, I knew we’d be best friends. We will be married for 25 years on Tuesday. 5) my favorite guilty pleasure is Thai Iced Tea. Chocolate and sushi are close, but a cool, creamy Thai Tea is lovely.

One Trackback