Disney Autograph Photo Album {A Pinterest Challenge}

It’s time again for another round of the Pinterest Challenge hosted over at Young House Love. In previous challenges I’ve made word canvas art, a T-shirt  scarfphoto coasters, created washi drawers, and a Halloween costume. Today I’m serving up another awesome Disney project…a simple Disney Autograph Photo Album!

winter-challenge

Prior to our trip to Disney World I created these Autograph Books. But I always knew that I wanted to put those autograph cards together with photos into a mini album. And while I’ve created lots of fancy mini albums in my day I needed these to be quick, easy, and kid friendly. I want my boys to feel like they can look through their albums any time they want without worrying about messing them up! These albums are simple 4×6 2-up photo albums purchased at Target. (And if you like what you see you can check out my Disney Travel Album!)

Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired

Inspiration Files2 copy

DSC_6080

• Design Inspiration: I found lots of ideas for the cover of an Disney Autograph Album. Like the ones here, here, and here. I loved the look of Mickey ears with a name or initial on top.
  • Color Inspiration: What other colors would you use for a Disney album other than red, black and white? Those were of course the inspiration for these albums as well!

DSC_0127

Having two boys means they each got their own copy of the album. To differentiate I put each child’s initial on the cover of their album. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to cut the Mickey silhouette and the letter. Using the font Waltograph on the initial just gives the cover a quintessential Disney look!

Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired

To create the title page I used some adorable Disney digital scrapbooking files (linked below). Since each page is made of two 4×6 pockets I made the file 8 in. by 6 in.

Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired

Then I printed the file on letter size photo paper, and trimmed it down to two 4×6 images.

Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired

Throughout the album I paired the photo of the characters with the autograph cards. Some of our favorite photos I printed as 6×8 and cut in half to take up the entire page. I love how the album turned out! And so do my boys! (Want to see how I create those 6×8 prints in Photoshop Elements? Check out this post)

Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired Disney Autograph Album by Scrap Inspired

We had several photos with character statues at our hotel. I included those in the album as well.

We had an amazing trip to Disney World! And this Autograph Photo Album is only the beginning of my Disney scrapping. Want to see how I created our Disney Travel Album? Check out my new self paced class Disney in a Snap!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the web! Want to see more of my crafty inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest! Or if you like scrappy/photography/crafty goodness you can sign up for inspiration in your inbox (which includes a FREE pdf with 40 sources of scrappy inspiration), follow me on twitter, or on facebook!

Monica Signature

This entry was posted in Disney, Mini Album and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 27, 2013 at 8:23 am | Permalink

This is so perfect! I love the size of this album and how there are coordinating pictures to all the signatures.

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Thanks Christine! I love using 2 up 4×6 albums for projects like this. So amazingly easy! :)

2. Marygail
    Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

I love how there are 2 albums! I would have done the 2 up album route as well – however I would never have enlarge the pictures to 8×6. What a great idea!!

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Thanks Marygail! My boys each got autographs so they each got books. :) And I think those 6×8 photos are my favorite part!

3. Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Love this album! I am such a Disney child at heart…too bad I live in Vermont or I would go everyday!

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Cara! I’m with you, too bad I live so far away. We’d be there on a regular basis!

4. Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Since I am leaving for Disney in a few days can you tell me did you make those autograph cards what do I need to prepare myself from a scrapbooking point of view for my trip to Disney. I haven’t been in years help me Monica!!!!

By the way your autograph albums are stunning and I love them!!!

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Thanks Beth! I printed these autograph cards out, bound them with a bind it all and went from there. Here’s a link to the post about those albums (and the links to the ones I used are included) http://scrapinspired.com/2012/09/disney-autograph-books/

As a scrapbooker be sure to take a picture of your whole group in an iconic place everyday (in front of the castle, by the epcot golfball, etc). I do have a tips sheet on photos to take at Disney included in my class Disney Album in a Snap. You can see more about that class here http://scrapinspired.com/disney-album-in-a-snap/

5. Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Thank you so much for these links Monica. I don’t have a bind it all but I do have a crop a dile and small binder rings!

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:16 am | Permalink

That will work too! I kept our albums in a gallon size ziplock and carried them in our backpack. That way they didn’t get wet if it rained! Have fun on your trip!

6. Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:25 am | Permalink

I’m so blown away! What a great memory for your kids to cherish for a lifetime. It is so touching.

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Stacey! We all love how it turned out!

7. LauraBC
    Posted February 27, 2013 at 10:41 am | Permalink

we take our two boys (2.5 and 5) to Disney for the first time in a week and a half. your photo album got me SO excited (I didn’t think it was possible to get more excited about the trip than I already was, but you proved me wrong) AWESOME JOB!!! –and awesome job on the coordinating outfits, it didn’t go unnoticed–

8. Posted February 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Fabulous album! I’m sure your family will cherish it!!

9. Posted February 27, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

What a GREAT idea! We went to Disney on our honeymoon and plan on taking our daughter when she turns 5…I will have to remember this idea! I love that it is kid friendly as well…

• Posted February 27, 2013 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Thanks Emily! It’s totally kid friendly. Hope you have a great time with your daughter!

10. Posted February 27, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

That is a great album. I have 300+ pictures from disney I need to get working on.

11. Posted February 27, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

These are super! What an awesome idea and in the end they turned out to be perfect memories.

12. Posted February 27, 2013 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Wow love this idea for an autograph book, we are going to Disneyland in a few weeks and even though my kids are grown I might just have to make one of these :)

13. Posted February 28, 2013 at 12:42 am | Permalink

This is such a wonderful little album. Great photos and documentation. Thanks for sharing it!

14. Posted March 1, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I don’t know how I missed this post, but this album is amazing!!!! I love it!!! Fantastic job Monica!

15. Danielle Ferretti in
    Posted March 22, 2013 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Hi Monica ! I came over from YHL the PIntrest Challenge post – and LOVE your albums, such a cute idea ! We just got back from Disney, and I was so busy I didnt get a chance to do anything before we left, so I ended up just buying their Autograph books there, but most DEFINITELY will do this next time !

I have a random question – what hotel did you stay in ?! Is that the new Art of Imagination Resort ?

Thanks !

• Posted March 22, 2013 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Danielle. I’m glad you like it! Now that you’re back from Disney, did you know I have a whole class on putting together a quick and easy album of your trip? You can see it at http://scrapinspired.com/disney-album-in-a-snap/ Hope you had fun at Disney!!

We did stay at Art of Animation. We were in the Cars Suite. What an amazing resort!

• Danielle Ferretti in
        Posted March 22, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Yes, I had seen that you have that ! Will definitely look into it ! Thanks !
        We tried SO HARD to stay there, but it was coming out to $1000 for the week for our family of 3 just for the hotel… I am a Florida resident, and kinda cheap, I mean thrifty – so I would NEVER spend that much money for a hotel in my state…. But, seeing your beautiful pictures – I might just have to find a cheap weekend and go back up ! So worth it ! (we rented a 4 BR house with a pool for total of $ 630 for the week !).

Keep on crafting ! Love your stuff ! :)

• Posted March 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

I can totally understand the thrifty ways. I tried my darndest to do things on the cheap in so many ways, but we definitely splurged on the room. For us it was the best decision because of the extra space in the suite and we had to stay on property to get the free dining. As a resident I can totally see how that wouldn’t be worth it. But you should definitely visit. It’s an amazing place! :)

16. Louise
    Posted May 25, 2013 at 6:32 am | Permalink

Monica- we are going to disney in 6 months with my inlaws…2 four year olds and a three year old…SO EXCITED!!! I have been GUSHING over your site for the past few days. Maybe I’ve had too much coffee this morning, but I can’t wait to start some of these projects! awesome ideas, THANK YOU!!!!

• Posted May 25, 2013 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Yay Louise! You will have so much fun! If you need an awesome Disney travel agent let me know. Mine was amazing (and she’s free if you are staying on property). Have fun crafting!

One Trackback