December Daily 2012 {Day 3}

Before I begin today’s post I wanted to share that I talked recently with Melissa Shanhun on her podcast all about December Daily inspiration! My number 1 tip: Don’t stress about rules, let yourself tell the stories that you want to tell and enjoy the process.

Today I documented an everyday story. Twice a month I volunteer in both of my boy’s classrooms and day 3 was one of those days.

As a former teacher I take advantage of my skills and often do reading and math assessments for the boys’ teachers. I decided to snap a photo of my tools of the trade (not showing any names or scores of course!).

I love that I get to work with my boys too, in addition to all their friends. Getting to see them in that environment is just fun for me!

Once again, the journaling is quick and simple! Love how easy this project has been for me so far this year!

And I love those little serendipitous moments when I open a photo template with two spots and it has the exact right wording for the day!

Want to see more of my December Daily? See a complete list of posts here.

This entry was posted in Mini Album and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted December 4, 2012 at 8:00 am | Permalink

It must be fun to be able to help out in their classroom, I used to be a teacher before I went to law school and I hope that when I have children I will have the opportunity to be involved like that! I agree about not stressing over december daily, it’s supposed to be fun & it definitely has been so far!! I am trying to focus my album on the holiday stories, but I’m not sure I will have enough of those to fill up the whole album!! Usually, I’m all about including the everyday stories, they make the best memories!!

• Posted December 4, 2012 at 8:52 am | Permalink

It is fun! I get to interact with kids, but then go home and not deal with the rest of it. 🙂 If there is a holiday story to tell that definitely gets precedence in my album, but if not I love to tell the everyday stories of December!

2. Posted December 4, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

what a great post! I need to catch mine up….i have no rules either! I don’t stress….i am however going to try to stay on top of the stories on a daily basis and just print pictures once a week.

• Posted December 4, 2012 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Shannon! Printing pics weekly sounds like a great plan! Have fun with your DD!

3. Kris
    Posted December 4, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Hello! I have just discovered your blog via Melissa Shanhun, and I am sorry that I have missed out for so long! I really like your style, and specifically, your December Daily! I already put together some foundation pages but could already tell that it was not going to work for me. I am a Project Lifer, so I think my brain just works in 3×4 and 4×6 blocks now! You have married PL and DD so well! I ran out to my LSS to get a red snap album but they were out of stock. boo-hoo! However, I did get one ordered and bought some of the PP to get myself started. Thank you so much for the idea! Can’t wait to see the rest of your DecDaily pages!

• Posted December 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Hi Kris! So glad you stopped by! I love hearing that I inspired you to think about DD in a new way! Hope your Sn@p album comes in soon and that you have fun pulling it all together!

4. Posted December 5, 2012 at 6:45 am | Permalink

Oh I remember helping in my children’s classes all the time. How sweet and perfect for dec daily

• Posted December 5, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

It’s a fun memory to capture! 🙂