December Daily 2012 {Foundation Pages}

It’s time for another year of December Daily. I loved this project so much last year I couldn’t wait to put my album together for 2012! (You can see my 2011 album here) And I knew quite early on that I wanted to use one of the new Sn@p albums for my book. I’m all about keeping it simple this year and divided page protectors are the perfect way to do that! Before I get to the cover and the insides of my album I want to share the layout design I will be using each day.

This year I am using a red Sn@p album for my December Daily. For each spread I will use one full size 6×8 photo with an Ali Edwards overlay that includes the date. Then I will use a divided page protector with one 4×6 and two 3×4 pockets. In the 4×6 pocket I will use layered templates with additional photos from the day. The two 3×4 pockets will hold my journaling and a date card. Ok, lets get into the meat of this little album!

I wanted to keep the cover super simple. So I decided a cheap ornament would be the way to go. This ornament is from Target. It was $1 for two snowflakes (which is good cause I broke one).

To attach my snowflake ornament I used Glossy Accent. LOVE THAT STUFF! It sticks like nothing else I’ve found. I just stuck it on the front and put a book on top for about 5 minutes until it dried.

Before I stuck on the snowflake I stamped the sentiment with StazOn ink. Since it’s raw chipboard I probably could have used any ink, but I wanted to go with StazOn just to be sure.

For the title page I used a few more fun ornaments. The paper came with my Sn@p binder and I just added the ornaments using Glossy Accents once again. After I got all the stars stuck down I decided I wanted the title…doh! So I had to get creative.

I stamped my title on a really thin strip of paper and used pop dots to place it on the page. That lifted it up enough to clear the stars, and I actually love the dimension that it gives the title page! Once I had that done I got busy creating the date cards!

Here’s a look at all my date cards together. This was where I let myself enjoy some creative play! And I gotta say, just looking at them makes me happy. Scroll down to see each card in more detail!

Look how pretty my book is altogether!

Makes me so excited to start this project once again! Bring on December 1st!

This entry was posted in Mini Album and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted November 16, 2012 at 8:28 am | Permalink

I guess my weekend will be spent putting it all together. Yours is awesome.

• Posted November 16, 2012 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Thanks Debby! I’d love to see yours when you get it put together! Have fun!

2. lynne moore
    Posted November 16, 2012 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I love the simple front cover. Baeutiful. I am loving the Sn@p! books. (Doesn’t hurt that I am a MW consultant). I am using them to make the fun wedding albums from my brother’s Hawaii wedding. Planning and setting up the pages are the complicated part.

• Posted November 16, 2012 at 8:48 am | Permalink

Thanks Lynne! I’m addicted to the Sn@p albums as well. I’m thinking I may use it for our Disney vacation album as well.

3. Posted November 16, 2012 at 9:17 am | Permalink

looks fabulous Monica!! I have to get my book going ASAP!

• Posted November 16, 2012 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Thanks Dani! I was actually surprised how quickly it all came together. Those Sn@p albums rock! 🙂 Have fun making yours!

4. Mary
    Posted November 16, 2012 at 10:13 am | Permalink

Oh I love this! The date cards are terrific! And having the LO set means you will be able to not only get the right photos, but enjoy the season as well!

• Posted November 16, 2012 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Mary! I’m really hoping it will make things go easily this December. 🙂

5. Posted November 16, 2012 at 10:50 am | Permalink

Love the layout you used, the journaling cards are awesome

• Posted November 16, 2012 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Thanks Fleur! I’m excited for Dec to begin! 🙂

6. erink.
    Posted November 16, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

I LOVE how your dd base turned out…Can’t wait rto see it full.

7. Posted November 17, 2012 at 5:46 am | Permalink

It’s going to be fabulous Monica!
    I can’t wait to discover more.
    Thank you for your great post.
    You’re so organized 😉

• Posted November 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Alexandra!

8. Lia b
    Posted November 17, 2012 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Found you through Pinterest …love this. You are very talented!

• Posted November 17, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Aww Thanks Lia! You are so sweet!

9. Posted November 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Love your album ideas. Can’t wait to see the progress through December.

• Posted November 17, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Laura! I’m excited to see how it comes together too!

10. Claire
    Posted November 18, 2012 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Looks great, Monica! Love all your glittery accents. I love that you have a little camera element – I didn’t think to use something like that – great inspiration!

11. Ana Balcarcel
    Posted November 19, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

I never saw this idea before. ooooh how you inspire me! 🙂

• Posted November 19, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Oh you are so sweet! Thanks Ana!

12. Posted November 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Wow! You’ve really got a jump on December Daily! What a GORGEOUS album you’re going to have! It’s already gorgeous without anything else added. LOL

13. Posted November 19, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Oh wow, this is awesome that you are so ready. I am going to try it this year for the first time and just hope I finish it.

14. Posted November 21, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous!! I love how you set it up. I am working on setting mine up as well & have been sharing it on my blog, I just love seeing how everyone else is doing it! Are you planning on having 4 photos from everyday? I’ve never participated in december daily before so I am a little worried that I won’t have enough stuff to fill it everyday. Nice to meet you & I can’t wait to see how the rest of your album turns out!!

• Posted November 21, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks Linda! I plan to have one full size photo (6×8) and one photo collage (4×6) each day. So I will have at least 2 photos (if I use full size for both) but with the possibility of more if I have more to share. I think you’ll find that you have plenty to share! I just choose one story a day to highlight and there always seems to be something to talk about. 🙂 Good luck with your first Dec Daily!

15. Posted November 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Beautiful album. I like your idea of using an ornament for the front cover. I might be stealing that idea 🙂

• Posted November 26, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Jen! Steal away! I’m all about sharing ideas and inspiration. In fact, I’d love to see your album once you get it put together! Leave me a link and I’ll pop over to check it out!

16. Posted November 26, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

This has turned out really awesome! I plan on doing something similar to this… 6×8 pages, and then the divided protectors with 2 4×6 sections on them. I’m using the journalling tabs that Ali is for one section, and then a mixture of patterned papers and layers templates for the other 4×6 and the 6×8 pages… Whatever feels right for each day. Seeing what you’ve done has me even more excited for it! Your 3×4 sections are so cute!

• Posted November 27, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much! Have fun with your album!

17. Posted November 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

I saw the cover at SC and literally went out in search of that snowfalke for my Sn@p album. The rest of the cover is different, but just adored the simplicity of yours.

• Posted November 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

That’s so funny! I want to go buy more of those snowflakes for my tree! 🙂 I’d love to see how your cover turns out. Leave me a link and I’ll pop over to check it out.

18. Posted November 27, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

You almost make me regret not using the Snap album for DD:)
    Looking forward to see more Monica.
    Thanks for sharing your pages.

• Posted November 27, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

HaHa! Just call me the Sn@p enabler. 🙂

19. Angela
    Posted November 27, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

This is awesome! I had myself talked out of doing a December Daily and just covering it in my Project Life but I love what you did with the sn@p album. I am going to use one for a February Disney trip and gift another to DD8 for her own mini project life but I really like the idea of having a smaller album to take out every holiday season and remember the days of my little girls.

• Posted November 28, 2012 at 7:13 am | Permalink

The Sn@p album is the only way I’m getting DD done this year! I needed simple. And I hope to use one for our Disney trip too. Just love those little albums!

20. Posted November 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Love you album. How lovely. The front cover is wonderful and your pages are just adorable. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with us.

• Posted November 30, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Cherri!

21. Posted December 2, 2012 at 4:29 am | Permalink

wouw, it looks very beautiful!!! In the netherlands the Sn@p album is hard to get especially the one for christmas…I made one myself…a sort of 🙂
    greetings Petra

• Posted December 2, 2012 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Have fun documenting December Petra!

22. Posted December 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Love everything! TFS

23. Posted December 5, 2012 at 4:19 am | Permalink

Adorable! Love it.

• Posted December 5, 2012 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Amanda!

One Trackback

• By My December Daily foundation pages | hclappy scraps on November 28, 2012 at 6:12 am

[…] d want to decorate the front some way, possibly by adding an ornament like Monica from Scrap Inspired did. simple and very doable even for someone like me. For the inside, I’m […]