Disney Travel Goodie Bags

If you’ve been around for the last couple of weeks you know that we’ve had a lot of Disney going on around here! (Check out everything Disney on Scrap Inspired) We are now back home from our trip but I’ve still got lots to share with you. Today I want to show you the travel goodie bags I made for each of my boys!

I used these gift bags for my travel goodie bags. In retrospect I should have used a bit sturdier bags. All the stuff I put in got a bit heavy and the bags ended up ripping. We got there ok, but had to consolidate down to a backpack for the return trip home. Oh well, they were cute for awhile at least! 🙂 All I needed to dress them up a bit was some black letter stickers and a Mickey key chain.

Here’s a look at the stash my boys each got! In addition to the travel journal I created for them I included coloring books, story books, stickers, puzzles, crayons, markers, and even a Mickey rubix cube. And of course, I had to include some bubble gum and snacks. The boys LOVED their goodie bags! And that made me so happy!

My boys are a bit older (5 & 7) so I wasn’t extremely worried about them wandering away. But just in case I knew I’d feel better if they had some way to reach me if they got lost. Every day of our trip I had them wear these bracelets with my cell phone number written on it. You can have bracelets like these made with the number stamped in (like these) but I was cheap and figured I’d just write on them with Sharpie. Being cheap meant I had to re-write the number every morning. Perhaps if I’d put a coat of Mod Podge on the back of the bracelet it would have sealed it and kept the number from rubbing off, but I’m not sure if that would have worked or not. 🙂 But they served our purpose for this trip.

And my boys put those travel goodie bags to good use. They didn’t even ask for the videos we had ready to go. They colored and played the whole way. Love that! What do you do to keep your kids busy on a long plane or car ride?

This entry was posted in Disney and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted September 28, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

What great ideas!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

• Posted September 28, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Pamela!

2. Posted September 28, 2012 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Cute idea with the bag, my kids are older now so I dint have to keep them entertained anymore 🙂

• Posted September 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

I look forward to those days! 😉

3. Marcia Fortunato
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

My boys are much older now, but we always spent a LOT of time in the car – driving to gymnastics 4-5 times per week (half hour each way), trips to gymnastics meets (usually 2 to 8 hours away), trips to see grandparents (8 to 12 hours away), and various other road trips. I was always determined to NOT have them each listening to a different i-pod or playing video games. We listened to tons of books on tape/CD, and they always had little cars, books, drawing pads, and of course, snacks (keeping them fed kept them happy!). As they got older the activities of course changed, and they do sometimes play video games on their computers now on longer trips, but it’s usually one playing and one or more others watching/helping. My goal was always to maintain interaction between family members, so I guess I’m ok with the games. And they now take naps again and catch up on sleep!

4. Marcia Fortunato
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Oh, and I love your goodie bags – so cute and always good to have something new on a long trip! And the bracelets were a great idea!