Disney Countdown Calendar

GUESS WHAT?!? We are going to Disney World in a couple of weeks and my boys don’t know yet. Let me tell you, it’s been so hard keeping the secret! We will do the big reveal soon and at that point I want a way to help them countdown to the big day. Enter the Disney Countdown Calendar! (Check out everything Disney on Scrap Inspired)

• Design Inspiration: Awhile ago I saw these adorable post-it holders on Pinterest. When I started thinking about my countdown calendar I knew I could adapt this idea to serve my purposes.
  • Color Inspiration: Everything about Disney says bright colors, so I went with it and used a combo of bright colors and black.

I started with a plastic 5×7 frame and a small clothespin.

I thought the clothespin needed a bit of spicing up so I added a strip of washi tape. No shock there, right?!? 🙂

To get the clothespin to stick to the frame I used a bit of Glossy Accents. I just love this stuff! It holds like nothing I’ve ever used. Awesome stuff!

It’s so pretty already!

To create my countdown cards I trimmed some pattern paper scraps to 2.5×3.5 and rounding the corners.

I found this adorable Mickey silhouette and decided to use it to create my countdown numbers.

This is a screen shot of the Sure Cuts A Lot software. It allows me to cut any image or font with my Cricut. (although the newer versions of SCAL no longer work with Cricut due to the lawsuit). To get the countdown effect I added numbers to the Mickey heads.

Love how bright and happy these countdown cards are!

Now here’s the beautiful part about this countdown calendar. I created a 5×7 card in Photoshop and slid it in the frame. Because it’s inside the frame I change it out for any kind of countdown I want. Days until school, days until school is out, days until…fill in the blank. Love reusable creations!!

I created the background cards using a FREE digi kit by Britt-ish Designs. Aren’t her designs cute? She also has a full Disney kit for purchase.

I’m so excited to tell my boys and pull out this countdown calendar! And by the way, fair warning, there’s going to be a bit of Disney crafting going on around here!

Supplies (click images for links to products):

This entry was posted in Crafts, Disney and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted September 7, 2012 at 11:38 am | Permalink

How lucky, I love Disney 🙂 love your countdown kit what a fabulous idea

• Posted September 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Thanks Fleur! I haven’t been to Disney in years and our boys have never been. We are so excited!

2. Posted September 7, 2012 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Very cute! Have fun on your trip!!

• Posted September 7, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Thanks Ashley! I know we will!

3. Posted September 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

What a terrific idea. I think giving them time to look forward to it is a great idea

• Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Permalink

Thanks Laura! I’m so excited to start the official countdown!

4. Posted September 7, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

How adorable is that countdown calendar!! I love the numbered mickeys.

5. Posted September 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

That is so cute!
    And such a great idea 🙂

6. Chris
    Posted September 8, 2012 at 9:36 am | Permalink

I love this idea. We are also surprising our kids with a trip to Disney World in the spring. They will find out as part of Christmas. But I may have to lift this idea. It is SO cute!

• Posted September 8, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much! Feel free to lift away! What a fun Christmas gift for your kids!

7. Ruby
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh, that is absolutely adorable!!!!! I am soooo excited for you and your family. 90% of my scrapbooking is Disney related 🙂 So looking forward to how you are going to capture your memories! I am a huge fan of Brittish Desings. If you need any inspiration you should visit Mousescrappers.com!

• Posted September 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Ruby! I have checked out Mousescrappers but may need to pop over there again! Thanks for reminding me of them. 🙂

6 Trackbacks

• By Project Life {Weeks 34 & 45} on September 10, 2012 at 7:00 am

[…] Classes « Disney Countdown Calendar September 10, […]

• By Disney Travel Journal on September 14, 2012 at 7:02 am

[…] been busy counting down to our big trip to Disney World! (check out our Countdown Calendar) And yes that means that we are taking our boys out of school for a week! (insert *gasp* here) But […]

• By Disney Autograph Books on September 21, 2012 at 7:03 am

[…] seeing my Disney Countdown Calendar and Travel Kits you can probably guess that I’ve been very busy with Disney crafting! (and […]

• By Top 10 of 2012 on December 31, 2012 at 7:03 am

[…] #10 | Disney Countdown Calendar […]

• By Halloween Countdown Calendar on September 27, 2013 at 7:01 am

[…] might remember the countdown calendar I created for our Disney Trip. I used the same base and added new cards for […]

• By 25 Disney Vacation Countdown Ideas #HPFamilyTime on June 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm

[…] Disney Countdown Calendar Frame […]