Disney Autograph Books

After seeing my Disney Countdown Calendar and Travel Kits you can probably guess that I’ve been very busy with Disney crafting! And there’s more to come…can you say matching T-Shirts?!? (Check out everything Disney on Scrap Inspired)

No Disney trip would be complete without some character autographs and photos! So I put together this fun autograph book.

I started with these autograph cards from here and here. Using this list of characters I chose the ones my boys were most likely to be interested in and printed them out. My plan is to take the signed cards out of this book and put them into a photo album scrapbook, along with the pictures, after our trip. So I made sure that each card had an additional 1/2 inch at the top. Once I had the cards printed and trimmed it was time to pull the album together.

Once again I used the adorable free Mickey digi kit from Britt-ish Designs to create title cards.

I trimmed some chipboard and black cardstock to size. Because this book doesn’t need to hold up forever I just used my tape runner to attach the cardstock to the chipboard.

Then I used my handy dandy Bind-It-All to put the book together. It was my first time using this beauty and I think I’m in love! :) I see many more minis in my future.

Inside are the signature cards in alphabetical order. See that gray strip at the top? That’s where I’ll cut the card when I’m ready to put it in the photo album.

I also included several blanks. This book only holds the characters my boys really want signatures from. I do have a stack of additional cards of characters we might see. I put a rubber band around those to keep on hand, just in case.

About 2/3 of the way through the book there is a transparency divider. I used the transparency to divide the two sections of the book.

The back section houses the cards for all the characters I know we will meet at character dinners. I put them in the order we will be meeting the characters. Hopefully that will help us find the cards we need quickly.

To finish off my album I used some fun Mickey paper on the back cover. I love these little albums and can’t wait to put them to good use during our trip. And I promise to show you the results!

This entry was posted in Disney, Mini Album and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Jen
    Posted September 21, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Wow! This is just beautiful!

• Posted September 22, 2012 at 8:37 am | Permalink

Awww, thanks Jen! I had a lot of fun putting them together, and they got good use too! :)

2. Danell
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 8:55 am | Permalink

Monica, these books are adorable. I’ve always wanted to do this but was unsure about what characters we would see and have the opportunity to receive autographs from. I love how you handled that situation with this project. Very clever!

• Posted September 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Danell! They worked really well, and now I’m excited to combine the autographs and photos into a more permanent album!

3. Posted December 7, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the mention! I’m glad that the site and schedules were helpful to you.
    KtP

• Posted December 10, 2012 at 9:35 am | Permalink

No problem! Thanks for the resource!!!

4. brandi
    Posted June 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Is there a quick way to print the pages you created and used? Love this idea but dont want to spend hours making four books! Thanks

• Posted June 3, 2013 at 8:20 am | Permalink

Hi Brandi! I added the images to a document (I used Pages to do this but you could also use Word) and just printed out the ones I needed. I made two books, and it went really quickly. Hope that helps!

5. Nat
    Posted October 13, 2013 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Monica~ Did you just copy the autograph images & print them on regular paper? I really like the 2-up photo album…when you went to disney, did you already have the cards in the book or did you just carry them alone?

• Posted October 14, 2013 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Hey Nat! I actually made a different book for carrying around Disney that just had the cards. You can see more about that book at http://scrapinspired.com/2012/09/disney-autograph-books/. The autograph images I found online and downloaded them to my computer (the ones I used are linked up on the autograph book page). I printed them on cardstock so they would hold up a bit better. Hope that helps! Feel free to let me know if you have more questions!

2 Trackbacks

• By Disney Travel Goodie Bags on September 28, 2012 at 7:01 am

[…] on around here! Like a countdown calendar, surprising my boys with the news, travel journals, and autograph books. We are now back home from our trip but I’ve still got lots to share with you. Today I want […]

• By Disney Autograph Photo Album {A Pinterest Challenge} on February 27, 2013 at 7:31 am

[…] to our trip to Disney World I created these Autograph Books. But I always knew that I wanted to put those autograph cards together with photos into a mini […]