It’s back to school time! And all I can think about is this commercial…
Anybody else out there celebrating with me? Just because I’m happy they are heading back doesn’t mean that I don’t want to document this special time of year! So here are my top 10 back to school photo ops!
- The absolute, must have around here is the front porch shot. One of each child, ready and waiting to start the day.
- Next I like to snag a siblings shot. Especially if they are getting along!
- I also love to get myself or my husband in the pic. And if we are really lucky a neighbor will offer to take one of the whole fam!
- Once I’ve gotten the old standards I like to take some more contextual shots. I especially love highlighting their backpacks.
- In my neighborhood we’ve got quite a crew at our bus stop. I love snagging pics of the whole group sometime during the first week!
- Of course I have to capture them getting on the bus that first day!
- And I love having a photo of them walking through the front doors! (psst, this one was taken on meet the teacher night! It all counts!)
- I also love getting photos of my boys in their classrooms. Sometimes I follow them up to school on the first day (yep I’m that Mom) but sometimes I take advantage of meet the teacher night to grab this favorite photo!
- My heart melts when I look at the photos of them getting off the bus at the end of that first day! Look at those smiles just for me!
- And I always take advantage of their fancy clothes to capture a few portrait shots. Some years we get it together enough to get these done in the morning. This year I took them after dinner. Either way I love having a few classic portrait photos of my boys!
What photos are on your “must take” list for back to school?