Project Life {Week 11}

Welcome to Week 11. Once again I’ll be linking up with The Mom Creative. Tons of inspiring Project Life stuff going on over there!

This week I had a mix of playing and just getting it on the page. 🙂 And yet another birthday insert (my boys are born 12 days apart).

I only had a few stories to tell this week, but one big theme for the week was Spring Break! So I decided to take 4 mini pockets to document that fact!

It crosses two pages and the insert breaks it up, but I love how bright and cheerful it looks! And with the unseasonably warm, beautiful weather we had it’s very fitting!

There were several baby moments this week. On Sunday I got to hold a friends new baby boy…awwww…and then later in the week I watched my cousins girls so that he and his wife could go meet a friend’s new baby in the hospital. Some funny facebooking resulted out of that day, so I decided to document the “baby fever” that was going around this week! (psst…when my husband saw this card he asked if I was trying to tell him something…HA HA!)

It was also Take Twelve time this week. As I sat down to work on project life a lot of my Take Twelve supplies were still on the table. So I decided to create a mini layout very similar to my larger version! I LOVE how it turned out!

The front of my insert is full of photos. My older son wanted to go to a local gymnastics place for his party. And after all the Jake and the Neverland Pirate craziness from last week, I was cool with that! Now that he is doing friend parties, away from our house, I have turned to evite for his invitations. Not so crafty, but it sure is easy! I decided to print out a screen shot of the invite for this insert. I know it looks like there are tons of pockets on this insert. In reality the page protector is 8.5×11 with a 5×8.5 pocket across the top and two vertical 4×6 photos at the bottom. But on those two 4×6 photos I used a digi photo collage (linked below) so that I could use lots of pics. I have a photo of my son with each of his friends (I plan to include these in the thank you cards) and I wrote their names on them. We know who they are now, but in 10 yrs we may forget! Then I included some pics of their play time.

The back of the insert is all about food and presents! It was such a fun party! The best part is I had nothing to clean up! LOVE THAT! 🙂

Here’s a look at the full spread with the back of the birthday insert.

More spring break goodness on this side of the spread. Lots of time spent outside!

It’s interesting to reflect on the difference in my perspective of spring break as a stay at home mom vs how I felt as a teacher! Let’s just say my count downs are very different now! 🙂

My story of the week is about my son. He’s been begging for a big boy bike for months. And last week he got one for his birthday. But he wouldn’t ride it (even with training wheels). We had to FORCE him to ride his bike when we went for a walk. He cried for the first 5 min, then freaked out if my hand left his back for more than half the way, then the last 5 min he was all smiles trying to see how fast he could go. That is SO my son! He never wants to try new things, until we make him, and then he boo-hoos for awhile until he figures out he likes it! So glad I got the chance to document his little personality quirk!

Supplies used (click on images for links to products):

This entry was posted in Project Life and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted March 20, 2012 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Gorgeous pages! Love the spring break title split across pockets and pages, and that Take 12 mini layout is super adorable!

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Thanks Jules! I had a lot of fun making it!

2. Posted March 20, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

fab pages, especially love the photo booth photos!

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Thanks Helen! I loved them so much on my full size scrapbook page, I just had to shrink them down for project life! LOVE how it turned out!

3. Posted March 20, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

what a fun spread!!! love all the pictures, and the insert with the smaller pictures! thanks for sharing.

4. Posted March 20, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

I LOVE your Take Twelve card! I’m adding it to my “must do” list! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Thanks Lianna! I think it may be my favorite card of the week too. 🙂

5. Posted March 20, 2012 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Super cute pages! I love how colorful they are. Sounds like a fun spring break. As for baby fever, be careful, it is very catching! Thanks for sharing.

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks! As for baby fever, there’s no real danger. All I have to do is go in my craft room and realize it would be gone forever if we had another baby. Cures all cravings! 😉 HaHa!

6. Posted March 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Your pages look great! I love how you spread the spring break over multiple pockets…it is so bright & cheery.

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

Thanks Julie! Spreading that spring break out helped with the fact that I didn’t have tons of pics. 🙂

7. Posted March 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

my eye immediately went to the mini take 12 layout…it looks so fun! yea for birthdays and project life…your pages loo great!

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Thanks April! I second that Yay for birthdays and project life! 🙂

8. Posted March 20, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

oooh love the take 12 idea, but I’m pretty sure I told you that the last two months! ha. I love it all girl, the colors, the “spring break” title…(ours is in 2 weeks so I’m trying to think of what i’ll do or that..), it’s awesome. great job!

• Posted March 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

Thanks Kelli, and you can tell me that every month I love to hear it! 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you do for your spring break layout!