Things I Love {Take Twelve}

For my January Take Twelve project I documented the day hour by hour. This time around I wanted to take a different approach. Since it was February I decided to document things that I love.

• Design Inspiration: I used this layout by Donna Jannuzzi as the base for my design. I loved the paper strips above and below the two 4×6 photos.
  • Color Inspiration: Since it’s a layout about things I love, I decided to use colors I love. I’m an orange and turquoise kind of gal. Bet you can’t tell by my blog colors… 🙂

I’m loving these little 4×6 templates lately! Makes it so easy to include lots of photos on a page. For this layout I used a template with 6 slots for photos. All I did was flip the template for the second 4×6 photo. LOVE how it turned out!

I thought it would be fun to highlight the number 12 on the number pattern paper.

One of the things I love is Amy Tangerine washi tape. How could I make a layout about things I love without using some? I decided to use it as strips of pattern paper. To add to the Amy Tangerine fun I layered several of her elements along with a ticket and a date stamp as sort of a title cluster.

At the bottom I added another little embellishment cluster. It just makes me so happy! 🙂 And now for a list of things I love…

I am loving Ella Publishing Co.’s Take Twelve photography and scrapbooking challenge! Have you taken 12? It’s not to late to join in! Any month, any time!

This entry was posted in All About Us, Layouts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted February 17, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

I LOVE this. I love the finished product, your thought process and the photos!

• Posted February 17, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Jennie!

2. Posted February 17, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Just perfect and quite fitting for February! Fun embellishments!

• Posted February 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Awww, thanks Danielle! I had a lot of fun making it!

3. Posted February 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

The colors look great, and that is a great idea about the 4×6 photos!

• Posted February 17, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Thanks Aliza! I’m addicted to those 4×6 collages! So much fun to work with!

4. Posted February 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I have never known what to do with tape, but I love how you incorporated it and the number paper you used.

5. Valerie Bishop
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

This is just the cutest!! I love all the Amy Tangerine stuff you used!!

• Posted February 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Thanks Valerie! I’m a big Amy Tan fan! 🙂

6. Posted February 18, 2012 at 4:40 am | Permalink

Great topic, design and colors. I love how fresh your layout looks!

• Posted February 18, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Margie!

7. Posted February 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Monica,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog….which is usually about my dog (didn’t start out that way 🙂
    I LOVE all the orange in your layout. Orange is my color of choice lately too in my paper scrapping!
    I also my borrow your idea about taking pictures hour by hour. Great idea.
    Julie

• Posted February 18, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Julie! And thanks for coming by here and saying hi!

8. SusanB
    Posted February 18, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Monica ~ this is just a gorgeous page! I love the vibrant and rich colors.

• Posted February 19, 2012 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Thanks so much Susan! I’m really happy with it too. And I also just love those colors!

9. Posted February 26, 2012 at 12:01 am | Permalink

Eek, LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout!! The colors are so fun, the photos stunning, and you gotta love some Amy Tangerine products. Just stunning.

• Posted February 26, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Aww thanks Van! You are too sweet!

2 Trackbacks

• By Project Life {Week 7} | ScrapInspired.com on February 21, 2012 at 7:00 am

[…] Since the twelfth landed this week I once again included a collage of my Take Twelve photos. […]

• By A Good Book is Wonderful | ScrapInspired.com on February 24, 2012 at 7:05 am

[…] Inspiration: Recognize this layout? I recently used it as design inspiration for my Take 12 layout. And my two layouts look very different! Which is what I find awesome about […]