A Christmas Card Mini

Last week I finally got my Christmas decorations put away. Every year I struggle with what to do with all those Christmas cards. One year I cut out the photos and added a magnet on the back of each one. Then I put them on the side of the fridge for my boys to look at. Last year…shhh don’t tell anyone…I threw them away. Insert *gasp* here. This year I wanted to do something more.

I got this idea from the super talented ladies over at eighteen25. Look at their adorable version (complete with free download).

I made my version super quick and easy. Cut some packaging (light weight cardboard), added some pattern paper, and a felt tree ornament. Punched three holes and I was ready to go!

My cardboard was white so I didn’t even add paper to the inside. If the cards were big enough for all 3 holes I punched 3. Otherwise I punched 2 and alternated from the top two rings to the bottom two rings.

And here’s a quick look at the back just for fun. Now my boys can flip through the pics of friends and family whenever they want.

This project was finished in less than 30 min. So quick and easy! Love that!

Like what you see? You can follow my RSS feed, become a facebook fan, or follow me on twitter for regular updates on my posts!

This entry was posted in Mini Album and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted January 20, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

What a fabulous idea! I always end up with more holiday photos than I know what to do with. I usually trim them and file them away in their designated categories, but this would be a quick way to get them used immediately! Thanks!! 🙂

• Posted January 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Glad I could help! If you make a mini I’d love to see! 🙂

2. Ruby
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Awesome idea, loved how you did it!

• Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Ruby!

3. Suzanne
    Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Hello! I read your comment on I heart organizing. Great job on your books. I love the three ring idea. I have the eighteen25 covers printed and my cards sorted. My challenge is that I have a HUGE stack (probably over 75 cards) and they are not all the same size or style. I either have to get giant binder rings or I have to separate into small books. However, having them accessible is more promising that storing them and not revisiting them regularly which is what I really aspire to do.

• Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Suzanne! Mine aren’t the same size either. I didn’t particularly worry about it. Just made sure that every card had at least two holes punched. Some are sideways and some are right side up. Whatever made them fit a bit more uniformly. I will admit, I weeded out a few cards and only included ones with photos. Shhh…don’t tell! 😉 Good luck getting yours all put together! Sounds like you have made good progress so far!

4. Posted February 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness, so adorable. Seriously, I am IN LOVE! Thank you so much for sharing!

xoxo!
    Jen

• Posted February 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Pinning!

• Posted February 16, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Ah, thanks Jen!! It was super fast and easy to do. Glad you like it!

5. Jennifer
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 7:56 am | Permalink

Great idea! I’m going to pin!