December Daily {Day 8}

My oldest is doing much better today. Thanks for all the healthy wishes! He still had to stay home due to the 24 hr healthy rule. So we decided to work on our Christmas letter. My boys are older this year so I thought it’d be fun to have them contribute to the Christmas letter.

Honestly I usually just do the photo card and call it good. But this year I had the Christmas letter bug. I especially love that I have my boys’ ideas recorded in their own handwriting!

For the left page I adapted one of Ali’s templates by writing my own title. Then I just dropped my Christmas letter in as the background. Super simple!

But you know me, there has to be pictures involved somewhere! So I snapped a few shots of the boys as they were writing. I realize that whenever we get around to writing letters to Santa the pictures will be similar, but I’m ok with that!

Just for a bit of fun color I added a range of buttons that matched our holiday card. I LOVE how those little buttons look!

Day 8 and still going strong! Yay!

December Daily Links:

This entry was posted in Mini Album and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted December 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

I just learned something new, Ive never heard of the 24 hour healthy rule! Makes sense! Love that you had them write letters, SO cute!

• Posted December 8, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks Theresa! Our school requests that children are vomit and fever free for 24 hours before returning to school. Which is good because I thought my son was better and then yesterday the illness came back in full force. So an extra day to be sure he could eat seemed like a good idea. 🙂

2. Posted December 8, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Very nice letter, Monica. The kids’ additions make it priceless! And YAY you for sticking with the Dailys!! ~Jen

• Posted December 11, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks Jen. I’m not sure I would have even done the letter if it hadn’t been for having the kids do one too. Their words are so much better than mine! 🙂

3. Stephanie
    Posted December 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Awesome pages! Love how simple,yet elegant they are!

• Posted December 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

That’s so sweet! Thanks Stephanie!

One Trackback