Week in the Life ~ Wednesday

I was ready for today to be done!  My children used up all their sweetness yesterday and today was tantrum city!  One thing I noticed…when your children are screaming/crying/fit throwing it only makes them madder if you try to take a picture of them.  :)

Welcome to my Wednesday…

The fits started first thing.  :)  Fit #1-there wasn’t enough Cars cereal to fill the whole bowl.  Even though brother gave up his portion, we still had a lot of tears.

Once we mixed in regular cheerios to fill up the bowl all was right with the world…for now.

I start slow in the morning and like to take my cereal upstairs.  I eat, check blogs, and watch the news while the more energetic members of the family play elsewhere.

Some mornings elsewhere isn’t that far away…

Playing too rough with brother in brother’s room, got hurt and started hollering
K:Waaaaaaa
P: What happened?
K:  Go away!!!
P: Are you ok?
K: GO AWAY!!
P: But you are in MY room!
Mommy had to step in and separate the two, hence the tears in the photo above and Fit #2.

Lesson time.  Serious thinking going on!  :)

While my husband is gone I treat myself to paying someone else to mow!  And the boys love to watch!

Fit #3- Didn’t want to go clean up his toys in the basement cause the monsters might get him.  Funny how there was no fear of monsters when he was down there making the mess…

Today I had to clean house.  The only way to make it through is with my friends at Paperclipping Roundtable.  Love that podcast!
Clean…clean…clean…clean…clean
Fit #3 – This one was a MEGA fit.  He went 45 min straight.  All because I wouldn’t let him jump on the bed.  Tragic I know.  By the end of the fit he couldn’t even remember why he was there.

While waiting for P to get himself calmed down and ready to talk I put away some laundry. :)

Fit #4 happened on the way up to naps.  Older brother poked him in the eye with an airplane.  Let’s just say it left a mark.

I think maybe we needed that nap.  What do you think?

Time for “So You Think You Can Dance.”  Doesn’t everyone watch TV like this?

P: Lady Gaga looks kinda clownish…
Yes she does my boy, yes she does.

They think they can dance too.
Oh and Fit #5 happened when they crashed into one another and both needed ice for their heads.

It was definitely a chocolate kind of day.

How was your Wednesday?

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Kathryn Johnson
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

Sounds like my day (I have two little boys too). Nice pictures and documentation.

2. sm_bradford
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

I'm blaming the heat. They need to get outside and run, but it's just too hot! 102 here today! Hope tomorrow goes better for both of us Kathryn! :)

3. Beth Comer
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Well, since you asked…I sat in an inservice most of today talking about kindergarten centers. It was alright, but just wasn't in the right frame of mind today. The twins were at day care for the second day in a row. I think they had a blast, but I miss them terribly when I have to work. My husband was at grad class all night, but my sister in law came over to help with the kids until it was time to put them to bed. Then as the sun went down, our house got hotter. Upstairs thermostat says 85 degrees. Lovely! Called my father in law (who lives 30 minutes away) and he's on his way over to see what he can do. Husband still isn't home from his grad class and it's 10:20 at night. Shockingly, the twins are still sleeping soundly through the intense heat in their room. Fun times!! Hoping the heat breaks soon and we can all get some relief!

4. HappyPlaceJen
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

LOLOLOL!! Oh I enjoyed this post so much. You are so artful in your wording, and of course your photos are always dead-on with the angles and truly telling exactly what you want them to. My girls are 12 and 11 so they are giving me the pre-teen fun now- Oh joy! I wish you a better day tomorrow, Monica! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

5. HappyPlaceJen
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 1:03 am | Permalink

6. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Sounds like it was a rough day! Hope he was able to fix it! I hate trying to sleep when it's hot!

7. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Thanks Jen! I'm so not ready for the pre-teen stuff, good luck with that! I'm hoping today will be better too. We have a play date scheduled so maybe friends will distract them from killing each other and driving me up the wall! :)

8. dtahphotography
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Enjoyed reading about your day full of "fits". This should be fun to show the boys when they are older :)

9. Tracy
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

LOL! My wednesday was almost the same as yours! Cranky out of control kids and a super cranky mom as a result…but I did manage to get pics (although taking a pic of a 9 yo throwing a temper tantrum is not as cute as your boys!) Great pics, way to capture your day.

10. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I'm so glad I'm not the only one Tracy! :) Hope today is going better for you!

11. dtahphotography
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

12. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much! I hope they'll find it funny someday. :)

13. Michele H.
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

i have two girls (15 & 8) and they are the same way. have to sometimes separate them too:) great capture…your boys are going to love these photos when they get older:)

14. Michele H.
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

15. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse that I'll still have to separate them when they are that old. :) HaHa.

16. Cindy
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

oh the joys of motherhood…i really LOVED your post & sharing pics of your kids personalities..i have a few i snapped today of my little girl. kids always kill me w/ their excuses when it comes time to clean up their mess after they have made it…LOL! hope your Thursday was better..be back tomorrow.

17. sm_bradford
    Posted July 28, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much Cindy! I agree, the things kids say and do is just hilarious! I appreciate you stopping by!